When a Death Occurs
Please do not notify the funeral home of a death by e-mail. Please call us at 518.489.2161 or 800.318.2161. Our phones are answered in person at all times. If a death occurs out of town, call our funeral home first to assist in those arrangements.
The Types of Services We Provide
There is no limit to the variety of funeral services we can provide as demonstrated by services we have arranged in the past:
- We can provide the traditional service with afternoon and evening calling hours followed the next day by a service and burial, entombment or cremation.
- We can provide traditional services combined into one day if appropriate for your family.
- We honor veterans by arranging for honor guards at the cemetery services for taps, the flag presentation ceremony, and the gun salute if appropriate.
- We arrange for interments in National Cemeteries, most commonly in Saratoga.
- We routinely incorporate personal mementos of the deceased into their services, and often produce video tributes, helping to focus attention on the wonderful life that was lived by the deceased.
- We also provide memorial services held after cremation, burial or entombment.
- We arrange simple cremation services with our without other services.
- We arrange for anatomical gifts, and have been chosen by the Albany Medical College as the sole representative of the Anatomical Gift Program for those wishing to donate their body to science (http://www.amc.edu/AnatomicalGift/).
- We have been known to arrange burials at sea, burials out of town, in other states, and on other continents.
- We have arranged for calling hours in churches, nursing homes and families’ homes.
- We arrange for meaningful music for services through recordings or musicians such as bagpipers, harpists, flutists, trumpeters, jazz saxophonists, jazz pianists, and New Orleans style jazz bands.
- Out of town funeral homes are known to call us to assist them when they serve a family who has had a death in our area.
Our goal is always to provide a meaningful service for every family we serve that honors and pays tribute to the life that has been lived, and does so in accordance with family wishes and finances. Families often tell us that we made everything much easier for them, and they are left with the comforting sense that their loved ones’ life has been well honored and remembered.